[thelist] Replacement for Dreamweaver

Maximillian Schwanekamp anaxamaxan at neptunewebworks.com
Tue Apr 27 16:26:54 CDT 2004

---------------------------------
I use Dreamweaver, but only for the Site Files view for FTP-ing files.
I like having the visual ability to see the files on both the local and
remote sides.
---------------------------------

With every Get/Put action, Dreamweaver does a number of other actions too
(depending on your site settings) - it updates the "_notes/" file for each
file being transferred, may create a rollback version, etc.  This on top of
the bulk of the program itself makes using DW only as an FTP client a
classic case of The Sledgehammer And The Thumbtack.

Maximillian Von Schwanekamp
Dynamic Websites and E-Commerce
NeptuneWebworks.com
voice: 541-302-1438