[thelist] [OT?] Apple Questions

Andy Budd andy at message.uk.com
Wed Apr 28 03:45:38 CDT 2004

Hi Burhan,

Value for money wise, I think the iBooks are much better than the
powerbooks. There isn't much in it spec wise, but the there is a
reasonable price difference.

On the power front, I don't think you need to worry. I use a Mac at
work that is about half the speed of the latest iBooks, and it handles
Photoshop etc just fine. What I would do it take the money that you're
saving getting an iBook instead of a powerbook and max out the RAM.
This will have much more effect on the speed of your machine than
upping the processor speed.

Burhan Khalid wrote:

> I decided that I would get her an apple laptop as her graduation
> present, but since I'm not very knowledgable about apple products, I
> would like some advice.  I went to a local reseller and saw an ibook
> (14") and a powerbook (15", I think).  Both *looked* very nice, but I
> don't know if they have enough muscle for things like photoshop,
> graphic editing, dvd playing, etc.

Andy Budd

http://www.message.uk.com/