[thelist] Replacement for Dreamweaver

Diane Soini dianesoini at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 28 09:32:21 CDT 2004

On Wednesday, April 28, 2004, at 01:44 AM,
thelist-request at lists.evolt.org wrote:
> So, "yes", you do learn new things. No need to feel sorry for us
> Windows
> users though.

My apologies. I have never owned a PC (at least not since the boot-up
with a big floppy days), and coming from years of the old Mac I just
love the new Mac and how much it can do. All the PCs I have used have
been corporate issue, and if they have these capabilities you speak of,
I've never seen them.

> Cheers
> Ken
>
> PS, Windows has an FTP client that works through Explorer too,

Yes, but it (and also the Go menu option on Mac as well) will not let
me select a multitude of files in various subdirectory levels and
upload them all at once with a single click of a button. That is what I
really liked about the "sledgehammer" of Dreamweaver, and what always
sends me back to it. I've looked at Transmit and it does look like a
pretty good substitute, but it, too doesn't appear to have this
capability. Another nice thing about Dreamweaver is that the remote
files are a different color than the local ones. That really helps,
because I actually get left and right confused from time-to-time.

Thank you all for your suggestions.

Diane

***
Don't be afraid to try something new. An amateur built the ark.
Professionals built the Titanic. -unknown