[thelist] Question regarding transfering a domain name

Chris Johnston chris at fuzzylizard.com
Thu Apr 29 12:09:20 CDT 2004

Hello,

I have a client that setup their domain name and hosting with Dollar
Host (http://www.dollarhost.com/). The domain name is set to expire as
of May 25, 2004.

What I am wondering is how safe it is to transfer the domain name from
dollar host to another registrar company -- webnames.ca in particular. I
have heard some horror stories regarding people trying to transfer names
close to the expiration date.

In addition, does anyone have any experience dealing with dollar host
with respect to domain name transfers? I am just trying to get a feel
for whether I should expect any trouble from them.

Thank you,

chris johnston

--
www.fuzzylizard.com