[thelist] Replacement for Dreamweaver

Diane Soini dianesoini at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 29 20:12:09 CDT 2004

On Thursday, April 29, 2004, at 04:05 AM,
thelist-request at lists.evolt.org wrote:

> especially useful when you don't want to open up DW (big
> site caches take so long, even with dual xenons!).

THAT is what my problem is, and why I'm looking for some other ftp
program. I like DW functionality, but if I'm working away in BBEdit,
then switch over to Dreamweaver (I'm on Mac OSX, by the way) I have to
wait a VERY long time for that silly spinning beach ball to stop
spinning so I can get on with it. It is driving me nuts.

Now, if dual xenons (whatever that means :) ) can't handle it, I'm not
sure what will. Maybe a dual G5?

If only there was a standalone ftp program that worked exactly like DW
--without the slowness-- I would be very happy.

> Tony Page
***
Don't be afraid to try something new. An amateur built the ark.
Professionals built the Titanic. -unknown