[thelist] Flash dynamic text and html

Diane Soini dianesoini at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 29 21:24:51 CDT 2004

Create a .txt file and set it up like this (line breaks are ok):

&field1=<font color="#0000ff">Hello</font>
&field2=<p>This is a paragraph with some

etc..
Save it as fields.txt.

Then put this actionscript on the first frame of the main timeline:

_root.loadVariables("fields.txt");

Have two text fields on the main timeline, field1 and field2, which are
var names, not instance names. In the properties pane, select dynamic
text, multiline, and render text as html.

Test move and you will see it rendered as html. Remember that Flash
only accepts limited html tags.

Diane

On Thursday, April 29, 2004, at 02:51 PM,
thelist-request at lists.evolt.org wrote:

> Subject: Re: [thelist] Flash dynamic text and html
>

> Ive tried that, but I think somethings wrong with my action script Im
> using
> to call the html file....
>
> Does anyone have an example of the actionScript used to call a file
> and make
> it html? Do I have to put anything special in the text file to tell
> flash
> that its html? Or just tags for the text!?
>
> PLEASE HELP, this is driving me crazy!!
***
Don't be afraid to try something new. An amateur built the ark.
Professionals built the Titanic. -unknown