FIXED Re: [thelist] javascript: closing a window opened from aprevious page

Scott Dexter dexilalolai at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 30 10:50:43 CDT 2004

> we load Page B" kinda thing...), in which case I was gonna suggest
> have
> Page B open the window, and then close it in the onLoad.  I've done
> that
> before.

Hey Tab :)

Exactly, the child window is a 'please wait' message.

I thought about the method you mention (and we have similar solutions
in house for other apps), but I need the popup right away: I've got
an intermediate page that does the processing, a suspect WAN on the
client's side, and itchy trigger fingers. I already have pageA
ignoring multiple clicks on the submit button, but I realized I also
have to try and avoid them hitting Reload/Refresh and submitting
again (without reworking the middle-tier logic, which really would be
the BEST place for it, but we all know what happens with an app
already stable and in production ;) )

Anyhoo--
Dex