[thelist] Lotus Notes - Domino Designer

Kath kath at cyber-kat.com
Wed May 5 06:00:19 CDT 2004

I finally got a new job and they are trying to develop a web site using
Lotus Notes Domino Designer.

Do any of you know anything about this program?

I've been searching for some tutorials or books, but I'm not coming up with
a lot of information.  Google pointed me to the IBM web site and they have
some tutorials, but the information seems geared to specific bits and
pieces of the program.

Most of the books I've found are more for the Notes email portion of the
program.

The outside consultant that they are working with seems to think it's a
very powerful program that can do the work of ASP/SQL or PHP/MySQL, but I
haven't found anything so far to convince me.

I looked at the Domino Designer and tried loading a page, but it converted
all of my CSS into HTML font tags - ugh.

I'd be grateful for any information any of you could provide.

TIA

Kath ...
Established 1995 --> www.cyber-kat.com
"He who would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from
oppression; for if he violates this duty he establishes a precedent that
will reach to himself." -Thomas Paine(1737-1809)      philosopher and writer.
Bush must go! John Kerry for President in 2004!