[thelist] Custom HTML Attributes and W3C

jsWalter jsWalter at torres.ws
Mon May 10 14:20:01 CDT 2004

I agree.

That's one reason I ignore validation failures because of "custom
attributes".

I can't help it if the folks who decided what attributes are supposed to
be there, and then decided that nothing else belongs didn't take into
effect the real world.

I use custom attributes all the time. I have to if I want to get my
client-side interface to work properly.

i.e.: Client-side form field validation
      TEXTAREA limitation settings
      TEXT and TEXTAREA entry status display
      etc.

So, I really don't know, nor can I foresee how ignoring these validation
violations will effect me in future (I image someone here will let me
know), anyway...

Just my 2 cents.

Walter