[thelist] Was I gotta vent, but now is a question of how to work with non-web people who have to create web content

lists lists at semioticpixels.com
Tue May 11 01:15:00 CDT 2004

At some point, you'll probably realize you need a web management system (for
example Plone running on Zope) - commonly mislabeled as a content management
system - That's why cms's were developed in the first place, so content
providers can focus on content and htmlers can focus on htmling.

There are numerous open source cms/wms out there that you could modify.

Since they're using DreamWeaver, for a quick fix,  you might try using
DreamWeaver's templates so they can add content to "editable" regions
without messing things up. You could couple that with a really good css
styleguide.

Contribute is macromedia's product for content providers, although when I
tested it out, I was less than impressed by the learning curve (my usergroup
wouldn't have been motivated enough)

Another quick fix would be to build your own simple content management
system - all you really need is a web form for content going in and text in
a database for content coming out.

hth
-chris
http://www.semioticpixels.com