[thelist] Was I gotta vent, but now is a question of how toworkwith non-web people who have to create web content

RUST Randal RRust at COVANSYS.com
Tue May 11 07:50:17 CDT 2004

Derick Montague said:

> Thanks for your feedback Rust! It gave me some insight before
> I started my day off in a less than positive frame of mind
> and reminded me that freelance work is an important outlet.

Thanks, Derek. I pretty much go through this process on a daily basis. I
work for an IT consultant, and it never ceases to amaze me at the lack
of knowledge most of our developers possess.

I am our lead UI designer, so what my team does is build prototypes and
pass them along for the development team to turn into J2EE Web
applications. We build the prototypes with XHTML/CSS/JS/PHP/MYSQL.
Everything that my team builds is strictly to standards.

So what do we get after the application is built?

- Tag Soup
- Javascript used for forwarding pages from one to another

Imagine my daily frustration:)