[thelist] laptop purchase

Dan McCullough dmccullough at garnethill.com
Tue May 11 07:54:58 CDT 2004

Looking to purchase a laptop for someone else.  I have been burnt by
laptops before and usually only go with the Toshiba or IBM Thinkpad.
They need something that will work easy (non-tech people, somewhat
computer literate), and not have much problem.  So I was looking at a
Dell with Windows XP Home.  Also they have a budget.

Here is what they need it for.  Audio recording and burning, power point
presentations and a few other small things.  They would also like to
possibly burn Digital Video.

Any thoughts, on what I should look for and at, any experiences.  Should
I forgo the Pent 4 HT processor and go for a Pent M processor?

Any help would be appreciated.

dan mccullough
web technology
garnethill.com