[thelist] Basics of MySQL on Local Server

Cable lparis1 at nc.rr.com
Wed May 12 06:42:40 CDT 2004

Thank you all for the replies. I got the green light! I installed the
package (with the refreshing installer), the odbc 3.51 driver and set my ini
file. After two years of running Apache and PHP without databases I can
finally hone my db skills locally. I 'am' having difficulties writing to the
db, but will be doing the troubleshooting research.

Anyone have good alternatives to phpMyAdmin which is the only interface I've
ever used? I like it, but would like more of a Windows style executable.

T(again)IA,
divaone-