[thelist] Resend: Comments on Dreamweaver Contribute - was gotta vent

Norman MacLeod gaelwolf at waypt.com
Wed May 12 10:32:44 CDT 2004

We have some clients using Contribute, and they are delighted with it.  They
can do their own page updating, and we can move on to other projects with
minimal hand-holding.  Speed can be a bit creaky from the user end, but it's
a lot faster in their perception (and reality) than forwarding changes to us
and waiting for us to get an opportunity to do the updates for them.

There are some things I don't like about it, such as not being able to do a
lot of the connection settings manually, but it was designed to be used by
folks who don't have a lot of expertise there.  If I could have my wishes on
it, I'd like to be able to get into a connection configuration up to my
elbows to optimize things.  ...Maybe someday...

All in all, not a bad piece of work.

	Norman