[thelist] Solved: Cookies and Session state for Authentication

pouncyisdead pouncy_1 at hotmail.com
Fri May 14 14:57:00 CDT 2004

Thank you all for your help,

We are now going to use Cookies as the first line (storing if user is valid
and user id #).
Sessions are the next step with the same info as the cookie.
Uri-based state is the last line, using a JavaScript function to rewrite
Uris on the page.

We've also implemented P3P to allow more browsers to accept our cookies in
the first place.

They work, both individually and in aggregate, for various situations.

Thank you all again

--
Mike Pouncy - DorkExtraordinaire
  "All you can see is your brutal success / And damn the dead and fear the