[thelist] programming question

Diane Soini dianesoini at earthlink.net
Fri May 14 15:21:49 CDT 2004

On Friday, May 14, 2004, at 11:01 AM, thelist-request at lists.evolt.org
wrote:

> Subject: Re: [thelist] programming question
>

> Also check out Windows Scripting Host (WSH)
>
> Are you looking to do this in a batch mode, or whut?

Fortunately, I'll only have to translate the Word docs to XML one, or
single-digit quantities at a time. It's just to avoid some tedium
taking transcripts (of people speaking, possibly translated into
multiple languages) with time markers (that match up to the PowerPoint
slides they were presenting at the time) and turning that into an XML
document of caption data. The captions can then be presented with the
slides and the voiceover on a web page. We may need to truncate the
captions as well, but I really don't think that can be done any other
way but manually. You wouldn't want to lose the concept being
communicated by just arbitrarily chopping off words.
Diane

> Scott
***
Don't be afraid to try something new. An amateur built the ark.
Professionals built the Titanic. -unknown