[thelist] Re: thelist Digest, Vol 15, Issue 27

Diane Soini dianesoini at earthlink.net
Fri May 14 14:52:00 CDT 2004

Ken,
Does the Word doc have to be diligently written using the structured
styles (e.g. the styles in the style palette, such as headings and so
forth)? Does it work well? I've found Word to be rather weird about
applying styles, sometimes applying styles you didn't ask for. So I'm
wondering about the quality of the output.
Diane
On Friday, May 14, 2004, at 02:02 AM, thelist-request at lists.evolt.org
wrote:

> Subject: Re: [thelist] programming question
>

> Word has VBA built in, so you can automate it. I would suggest that
> you then
> use the MS XML parser tools to build your XML.
>
> However, if you have Word 2003, there is an option to save the
> document as
> XML (and to apply an XSLT tranform). So, you could either do this
> manually
> (open each document up, and resave), or use the VBA automation options
> automatically open each document, and resave.
>
> Cheers
> Ken
***
Don't be afraid to try something new. An amateur built the ark.
Professionals built the Titanic. -unknown