[thelist] Logon problem Frames based site

Diane Soini dianesoini at earthlink.net
Sun May 16 09:53:25 CDT 2004

On Sunday, May 16, 2004, at 04:09 AM, thelist-request at lists.evolt.org
wrote:

> Subject: [thelist] Logon problem Frames based site
> <thelist at lists.evolt.org>
>

>   Hi All,
>
>   I developed my main page using frames.
<snip>

> The problem I'm facing is when
> enter the login id and password It does not display the correct page.
> Instead it show the log in page again although the password
> verification
> process was corrected successfully. this do not happen if I removed the
> Frames and included the main menu in the log in page.

An application I worked on had a similar problem. Since most of the
frames, including the frameset, were static html, session state
problems ensued for the main page that was jsp. Once we switched all
the frames to jsp (or maybe it was just the main framesets pages to
jsp--I think a couple of the frames pages were still html) the problem
was fixed.

It's possible there may have been other issues and I am not completely
correct or precise on the cause or solution, but I believe that is how
it was explained to me.

>   I would appreciate any help to go over this problem.
>

>   Thanks, Abdull

***
Don't be afraid to try something new. An amateur built the ark.
Professionals built the Titanic. -unknown