[thelist] IE 6 CSS Rollover problems

Maximillian Schwanekamp anaxamaxan at neptunewebworks.com
Wed May 19 01:22:24 CDT 2004

------------------------
My question is, I have Windows XP Pro and IE6.0 and when hovering over
the tabs on this page on the local file system the tab rollover effect
works just fine. But as soon as I placed the page on the server I see
strange behavior reminding me of the peekaboo bug but not quite. (I'll
explain later.) The problem didn't happen for the guy sitting next to
me, however.
------------------------

I don't see the problem in my XP/IE 6.  Maybe a silly question, but have you
changed your Tools > Internet Options > Temporary Internet Files > Settings
to "Check for newer versions: * Every visit to the page" ??  This is the
usual culprit, since developers hate cached files we generally set that one
to "Every visit."  Lots of discussion on this one around the Suckerfish Drop
Downs[1], though I am not sure if it's the same problem that you're seeing.

[1] http://www.alistapart.com/articles/dropdowns/

Maximillian Von Schwanekamp
Dynamic Websites and E-Commerce
www.NeptuneWebworks.com