[thelist] 1&1 experiences?

Derick Montague derick at heraldgreen.com
Wed May 19 18:48:55 CDT 2004

>> Does anyone have any experiences with 1&1?

Hey Joel,

I use 1 & 1 and I am happy with the shared service. I have the package that
you spoke of. I have two domains being hosted with that package currently.

Speed has not been an issue.

I felt like you did...too good to be true, but it's really not. I think that
it is a good service.

I do agree with the Control Panel being a little awkward at first though.

The choice for me was between 1 & 1 and Dreamhost. My research on Dreamhost
led me to believe that they had to be the registrar and they charge $25/yr.
I think that Dreamhost offers more for the money though.

derick