[thelist] preventing multiple web connections to a db app

Joel D Canfield joel at spinhead.com
Fri May 21 12:44:51 CDT 2004

We have a primarily Java front end running in IE6 connecting to a DB2
database. Users often use the 'File | New' process to open another
connection, which according to the developers uses the same db session
ID, and leads to corruption and world hunger. However, starting from a
fresh login to the app has no such problems.

I'm looking for a way, then, to force users to login in fresh when they
want a second window to the app. I can provide more details if it'd
help; I'm over my head here, and just trying to facilitate a solution to
something I don't fully grok.

joel