[thelist] preventing multiple web connections to a db app

Hassan Schroeder hassan at webtuitive.com
Fri May 21 13:03:19 CDT 2004

Joel D Canfield wrote:

> We have a primarily Java front end running in IE6 connecting to a DB2
> database.

Do you mean an applet connecting directly to the DB server or a
JSP/servlet Web server environment?

> I'm looking for a way, then, to force users to login in fresh when they
> want a second window to the app.

Without any more details, my first reaction is that it's a flaw in
the app that would require this :-)  but perhaps you could provide
more detail about the chain of events that results in the database
corruption?

Hassan Schroeder ----------------------------- hassan at webtuitive.com

                           dream.  code.