[thelist] Saving and Organizing Web Pages For Searching Later

Tony Crockford tonyc at boldfish.co.uk
Fri May 21 14:56:27 CDT 2004

At 20:29 on Friday, 21 May 2004, Tony Crockford wrote:

> At 19:39 on Friday, 21 May 2004, Feingold Josh S wrote:
>
>> Tony -
>>
>> Thanks but that is overkill.  I just want to save individual pages as I
>> surf.
>
> can't you just do "save page as" web page complete, in a new folder from
> the file menu?
>
> that's what I do for individual pages.
>
> bit confused as to what you're hoping for?
>
> a oneclick, automatic folder creating, save page and images etc tool I
> guess?

interestingly I found the extension for firefox: Spiderzilla, which
interfaces directly with httrack and provides a download this site option
in "firefox's" tool menu and a few tweaks on the options will allow you to
restrict the site mirror to just 1 level - it then creates a folder named
as per the url of the site and saves images etc to it.

might be of interest?

hth

Tony