[thelist] Adding a snippet of .asp code for formating

Nancy Johnson njohnson at wheelock.edu
Mon May 24 13:46:57 CDT 2004

Dear Evolt.org

I manage a website where about 20% of the information on the website
lives in a SQL Server Database.  This data is updated be a variety of
users via forms.

There are several multi-paragraph entries that are copied from MS Word
directly into one cell of the database, and I always have had the
individuals add html code to create line and paragraph breaks.

Does anyone know of, or point me to website where I could find a snippet
of .asp code that would automatically retain line breaks and paragraph
breaks without the user having to add the HTML coding? I don't want
however for this code to carry over the font information from MSWord
since were are a CSS driven website.

Thanks,

Nancy Johnson