[thelist] Building a site in Japanese

Thomas Klepl lists at klepl.com
Mon May 24 17:14:56 CDT 2004

Hi Adam,

I recently built a Japanese website and I just copy and pasted the Japanese
text from the supplied Word docs into Dreamweaver, no issues or gotchas. As
long as the html document has the character set specified as "shift_jis",
and your computer has japanese fonts installed, you shouldn't have any
problems. I believe you can also use the unicode character set. If you're on
Windows then you want to make sure you have support for East Asian
languages, which includes Asian fonts like MS Gothic and MS Mincho. This is
under "Regional and Language Options" in the control panel, Languages tab.

Tom