[thelist] Should I buy WS-FTP Pro?

zamba at zamba.com zamba at zamba.com
Tue May 25 00:09:19 CDT 2004

-----Original Message-----
... To my dismay, it wouldn't display filenames that started
with a '.', commonly used in site design as .htaccess files
to modify Apache's configuration on  a per-directory basis.
That killed it for me.

-Chris

To show filenames like .htaccess etc you just type -la in
the input box on the menu column.

I use WS-FTP Pro and find it does everything I want from the
FTP POV. I also use DW but am continually irritated by its
inability to display and alter permissions easily. I also
still find that DW's ftp engine is less rugged than WS-FTP
Pro, although it has improved in MX2004.

HTH,

Tony Page