[thelist] is there something like eval() in my sql?

Jewel Mlnarik jewel at mlnarik.com
Wed May 26 05:22:14 CDT 2004

Not sure if it was mentioned yet, but you can run an explain on your query
for more information on how your sql engine is processing the query.
Usually you can use this to futz around w/your sql until you get an
efficient one.  I know it works with postgres and mysql and pretty sure you
can use it in ms sql even though I never have used that particular db.
http://archives.neohapsis.com/archives/dev/sapdb/2003-q3/0230.html  may have
some more helpful info as well.  Good luck.

~ jewel