[thelist] Charset not respected

Dan CRACIUN dcsquare at myrealbox.com
Thu May 27 05:56:31 CDT 2004

Hi listers,

On a forum (in romanian) I've noticed that the diachritics were missing.
So I thought that the page encoding is missing or is not properly
defined. To my surprise:

<head>
was present, but both Firefox and IE 6 seem to ignore it and switch to
the default western(ISO-8859-1). Of course, when I manually switch to
the proper encoding, the page displays just fine.

I know that I'm overlooking something obvious, but I can't put my finger
over it.

TIA,
Dan CRACIUN