[thelist] semantic markup

Diane Soini dianesoini at earthlink.net
Thu May 27 20:40:42 CDT 2004

I was prompted to write my post after visiting macromedia's site with
NS4. It's a horror of list after list after list. Sheesh. Maybe if some
of these lists used some other approach (like anchor tags separated by
pipes) I might be able to understand the context of these links a
little better. A user interface has a semantics of its own. In this
case it was lost in a sea of bullets.

On Thursday, May 27, 2004, at 02:42 PM, thelist-request at lists.evolt.org
wrote:
> Remember, id and class attributes are themselves semantic.

I hadn't looked at it that way before. You're right. Thanks for that!

Diane

> So, a
> document with that structure, arguably, goes some way towards solving
> the issue.  I think we all know that, really, it's not terribly
> important whether we make the absolute distinction between navigation
> and content.  It's an enjoyable discussion, however, from which we
> learn.
>
> Tim
***
Don't be afraid to try something new. An amateur built the ark.
Professionals built the Titanic. -unknown