[thelist] cropping images or photography

Amy Johnson amy at rocky-hills.com
Fri May 28 10:56:26 CDT 2004

I don't use PhotoShop (hopefully soon though!) but in Corel PhotoPaint
you just create a mask around the subject, cut it out into an object and
then change the background to white.  As far as digital photography is
concerned, if you have a nice digital camera, you can control the
coloring by setting the White Balance.  I have given up on always
guessing the correct White Balance and now take my shots in RAW format
which allows me to select the correct White Balance in postprocessing.

Amy