[thelist] setAttribute(someevent) in IE?

liorean liorean at f2o.org
Tue Jun 1 14:12:07 CDT 2004

sbeam wrote:

> On Tuesday 01 June 2004 02:16 pm, liorean wrote:
>
>>In cases where you want to send it an argument,
>>    document.getElementById('thelink').onclick=function(e){
>>        e=e||window.event;
>>        /*code to run when the event triggers*/
>>    };
>

> thanks - but what if foo() is actually a really complicated function and
> is also called by events on other elements? Basically I really want to
> have a single function definition.

Yeah - so call that function from within this function, then. Nothing prevents you from doing

    document.getElementById('thelink').onclick=function(e){
        e=e||window.event;
        foo(arg1,arg2,arg3,...,arg8362);
    };

--
David "liorean" Andersson

ViewStyles, ViewScripts, SwitchStyles and GraphicsInfo bookmarklets:
<http://liorean.web-graphics.com/>
Hangouts:
<http://codingforums.com/> <http://yourmusicforums.com/>