[thelist] semantic markup

Joel Konkle-Parker jjk3 at msstate.edu
Thu Jun 3 04:27:02 CDT 2004

Quoting Manuel González Noriega <manuel at simplelogica.net>:
> El jue, 03-06-2004 a las 16:05, Diane Soini escribió:
> > My intention was really to question whether the
> > structure of prose documents, which is what most of the semantic markup
> > is for, actually fits the concept and structures of user interface
> > elements, but oh well.
>
> Mmm no, that's the perceived problem XUL,XAML,FLEX, whatever are trying
> to solve

So to stay semantically-correct, we'll all have to code our site interfaces in
XUL? I think what she's referring to is the menus, buttons, footers, whatever,
that are part of a website, but aren't part of the main content.

--
Joel Konkle-Parker
Webmaster  [Ballsome.com]

E-mail     [jjk3 at msstate.edu]