[thelist] Escaping quotes in a hidden input's value

Joshua Olson joshua at waetech.com
Thu Jun 3 13:22:51 CDT 2004

You'll know because if you properly escape "Hi!" it becomes
"Hi!"

At a minimum I recommend escape at least the following characters:

< > " &

Coincidentally enough, that's exactly the same characters that Cold Fusion's
HTMLEditFormat function encodes.

I'm sure there's a few more that SHOULD be escaped other than those in the
above list.  Anybody have a definitive resource on which characters should
be encoded?

Joshua Olson
Web Application Engineer
WAE Tech Inc.