[thelist] Site Review please - TruGreen.com

Tim Beadle tim.beadle at iop.org
Mon Jun 7 03:23:50 CDT 2004

On Fri, 2004-06-04 at 21:18, Tom Dell'Aringa wrote:
> > I have a question what are you planning on doing with non-adapters.
> > I got to the site with Netscape 4.7 and as I expected it wasn't
> > pretty.
>
> Nothing. They need to upgrade. I might be putting in a display:hidden
> block in somewhere asking them to upgrade, but that's all.

I'm a firm believer that if someone does access a site with an out-dated
browser, what they see should't be "messed-up unpretty", but rather
"unstyled unpretty".

Have you considered using @import rather than link on your style sheet,
so that NS4 won't attempt to render stuff that it just can't handle?

Tim
--
Tim Beadle <tim.beadle at iop.org>

Institute of Physics
Registered charity No. 293851
76 Portland Place, London, W1B 1NT, England

IOP Publishing Limited
Registered in England under Registration No 467514.
Registered Office: Dirac House, Temple Back, Bristol BS1 6BE England

This e-mail message has been checked for the presence of computer viruses.