[thelist] Documentation best practices?

Joel Konkle-Parker jjk3 at msstate.edu
Wed Jun 9 04:55:17 CDT 2004

Quoting "Johnson, Christopher (MTO)" <Christopher.Johnson at mto.gov.on.ca>:

> First question that must be asked is what language are you dealing with?
> Some languages come with Documentation features and practices built in,
> i.e., java has javadoc. for C, C++ you can use DOxygen (similar to javadoc).

Thanks for the reply, though I guess I should have pointed out that this is
end-user documentation (of the About > Help type). It'll probably consist of a
user's guide, a couple tutorials, and a reference guide.

So far, HTML seems the best option, since it can then be turned into other
formats (.chm, .pdf, etc.)

--
Joel Konkle-Parker
Webmaster  [Ballsome.com]