[thelist] Documenting internal company coding standards

fstorr fffrancis at fstorr.demon.co.uk
Wed Jun 9 16:59:42 CDT 2004

Hi all

I work as a developer on a largish company intranet (about 10,000
documents).  There are four fulltime developers and a bunch of people
that update content for their department on a need-by basis.

I've dragged (and am continuing to drag) standards into the business and
banish the tag soup of old, but my colleagues are starting to get
over-zealous (eg: "no more documents opening in new windows regardless
of how they're coded EVER").  I need to put a system in place, I guess
like an internal RFC, or something similar that will allow things such
as a company standard to, for example, coding popup windows, be easily
documented and commented on where necessary.

Does anyone out there have any examples of systems they they use or have
any bright ideas about what would be good?

Regards