[thelist] Documentation best practices?

Joel Konkle-Parker jjk3 at msstate.edu
Thu Jun 10 03:13:35 CDT 2004

Quoting jsWalter <jsWalter at torres.ws>:
> Check out php.net. A great example of a great documentation system. Yes
> for developers, but there would be no reason not take this idea into
> other areas.
>
> At the bottom of each element of documentation is a user comment
> section. I've found that, sometimes, more valuable than the original
> docs.

This is interesting. A wiki-style solution may also be an option. Does anyone
know if php.net uses an available system for its documentation, or if anything
like this exists (php.net-style or wiki-style)?

I need to get down to actually documenting things instead of developing a
framework.

Thanks for the great advice, as always.

--
Joel Konkle-Parker