[thelist] Spam: A new method

Mike evolt at muinar.com
Thu Jun 10 15:27:38 CDT 2004

At 15:03 10.06.2004 -0400, you wrote:
>Well, looks like we have a new method of spamming. Our server had about
>72000 of these. Took almost 4 minutes to delete them all.
>
>The spammer puts the desired recipient in the "from" line, and sends it to
>a bogus account that's sure to bounce, and the server then bounces the
>spam to the "from" line.
>
>I thought of it years ago, and thought "Nah!".

Hi Frank

Does this make sense in any way?

Not that I would assume that spamming makes sense   ;)  but maybe
this spammer just tries to fake the sender using your address - ?

A customer of mine recently receives this kind of bouncer spam,
and I told him the spammer is simply faking the sender address...

Mike

_____  mike s. krischker  http://webdesign-schweiz.ch/