[thelist] PHP - Invalid Query

Rob Smith rob.smith at THERMON.com
Fri Jun 11 10:33:28 CDT 2004

Hi list,

I'm getting an "invalid query" in the INSERT query below with PHP. Can you
see anything that may cause it to barf:

Original:
$sql = "INSERT INTO newsarchive (newssubject, newsarchivetext) VALUES ('" .
$subject . "', '" . $message . "')";
mysql_query($sql, $link) or die ("Invalid query");

Actual:
INSERT INTO newsarchive (newssubject, newsarchivetext) VALUES ('Just a Quick
Hello', 'Hi Everyone, My name is Rob and I built this Newsletter System.
I've been having some difficulties with it lately and would like for you to
respond to either me at my at addres.com  if you received this newsletter.
Thank you so much, Rob p.s. See you later!