[thelist] W2K Issue?

Fidel Habtezion fidel17 at lycos.com
Mon Jun 14 17:22:11 CDT 2004

Hello,

I'm not sure how many people use Portfolio 6, an image database, anyway I have been using it to allow our faculty members access to our images through a network. The original images are sitting on a W2K server which is on the network that is accessible to our faculty members. This was working fine, but not too long ago I started getting an error which said:>

"The catalog you are trying to open is on a locked volume or is marked as read-only. Would you like to open this file in Reader Mode?";

also it would not allow me or any of the faculty to log in as publisher in order to add images to the database in Portfolio 6.  The funny thing is if I remove the Portfolio file from the server, it allows me to log in as Publisher and am able to add images but when I put it back on the server it gives that error message above.

Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Fidel