[thelist] Copying e-mails to a database

Tony Crockford tonyc at boldfish.co.uk
Tue Jun 15 15:44:34 CDT 2004

At 20:40 on Tuesday, 15 Jun 2004, Kevin Stevens wrote:

> A while ago I did a site for a large British charity. This included
> putting
> all the e-mails we recieve into a searchable on-line database. Because
> the
> list is very low traffic I just cut & pasted the contents of the mails
> into
> the db. The charity were thrilled with the results, so much so that they
> want me to do a similar site that will handle a much larger volume of
> traffic. Can anyone point me in the direction of any web
> sites/programs/code
> that will allow me to do this? The programming will be done with ASP
> using
> Access (no flames please, I know it's not the best option).

You might take a look at GDI-DB

It will collect email and add the contents to an access database.  simple
scripting language.

not free, but not expensive either.

I used it a while ago and it's pretty robust.

find it here:

www.gdidb.com (although the site seems to be down at the mo)  I have
install files for the demo if you want them.

reviewed:
http://cws.internet.com/article/1485-1537.htm