[thelist] PHP Query string & fragment identifier not behaving

Joe Crawford joe at artlung.com
Tue Jun 15 22:52:05 CDT 2004

On Tue, 15 Jun 2004, Chris Price wrote:
> In the project I'm working on, I have a page displaying a picture
> gallery. When [next] is selected, the page is requested again with a new
> include containing the next picture.
>
> So that it behaves like a slideshow I am including a fragment identifier
> in order that every page displays the same fragment every time.
>
> When I view it on Firefox (Mac) the page keeps displaying from the top.
> However, if I refresh the page it displays correctly and once every page has
> been refreshed the whole gallery works fine (for a time).
>
> In brief:
>
> include: <?php include 'pictures'.$pic.'.php'; ?>
> url: [<a href="gallery.php?pic=3#pictures"> next </a>]
> The page: http://choctaw.co.uk/skiddaw/gallery.php
>
> It should work - shouldn't it?

To me it seems to be working fine -- Mac/firefox .9. I'm not sure I
understand the problem. I was able to go from the main gallery page
through to http://choctaw.co.uk/skiddaw/gallery.php?pic=10#pictures with
no problem.

	Joe
--
Joe "ArtLung" Crawford   AIM:artlung   Phone:619-516-4550
LAMP Host Evangelist, Web Designer, Web Developer, WebSanDiego.org List Guy