[thelist] Bad CMOS battery

Alan McCoy a.r.mccoy at larc.nasa.gov
Wed Jun 16 12:15:48 CDT 2004

This is pretty much a tech question, not so much a web design question, so
I'll include a tip at the end, just to be sure.

I have an IBM Thinkpad that has a dead CMOS battery. Now, I understand that
a bad CMOS battery would prevent the correct time from showing, but would it
prevent the entire notebook from booting up?

Alan

<tip author="Alan McCoy" type="7 Color Questions">
Some questions to ask yourself when picking colors for a design (from HOW
Magazine, Aug. 2004): 1. Who is the audience? 2. What colors do they respond
to? 3. How can I find this out? 4. What colors will stand out best among
competing designs? 5. Is there a resource with relative content that I can
search for appropriate palette ideas? 6. Which types of palettes would best
complement the design theme? 7. Should one color take center stage while
others support it? </tip>