[thelist] Re: Bad CMOS battery

Michael Harrington mike0351 at bellsouth.net
Wed Jun 16 22:25:38 CDT 2004

If the CMOS battery is dead, you will get a message right after you turning it on saying that your "Configuration has changed. Press the F1 key (or the DEL key, or some other key) to enter setup." It will be something like that. You will need to check the settings, especially the hard drive settings. Should be able to set it to auto. Save the changes, exit and it should boot, unless you have something else wrong.

Most CMOS batteries last for 10 to 20 years.