[thelist] mySQL/PHP - INSERT not working

Tom Dell'Aringa pixelmech at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 17 10:30:40 CDT 2004

--- "Johnson, Christopher (MTO)" <Christopher.Johnson at mto.gov.on.ca> wrote:
> Two questions:
>
> 1. What kind of error are you getting when you try to run the query? This
> may sound like a dumb question, but how do you know that the query is not
> running?

None at all, that is the confusing part to me. I'm putting my post vars back into the query string
as I return back to my page and they are there, but no error at all. Nothing in the DB either :/ -
which is how I know its failing, the data doesn't show up - either in the page or the actual db
table.

> 2. Try this and see what is printed out.
> $query = "INSERT INTO scouting (playerID, report) VALUES

Tried that already (was suggested prior) didn't work. I've left it like that however.

Tom

=====
http://www.Pixelmech.com/ - read my latest blog posting!

John 3:16