[thelist] Re: thelist Digest, Vol 16, Issue 36

Diane Soini dianesoini at earthlink.net
Fri Jun 18 20:02:20 CDT 2004

On Friday, June 18, 2004, at 04:03 AM, thelist-request at lists.evolt.org
wrote:

> This is good. Usability studies almost inevitably come to the
> conclusion
> that new windows are harmful (and lead to panicked users wondering why
> their back button is greyed out).

I gotta disagree on this for the following:
I HATE links that open PDFs or other non-HTML files unexpectedly in the
same window. Especially do I hate it if my plugin chokes and the
browser crashes. Then I have to start all over.

I MUCH prefer PDF and Word docs and all that other stuff to open in a
new blank window. It is a shame to eliminate such a useful attribute.

Diane

***
Don't be afraid to try something new. An amateur built the ark.
Professionals built the Titanic. -unknown