[thelist] HTML Email Download Problem

Anthony Baratta Anthony at Baratta.com
Sun Jun 27 12:02:08 CDT 2004

Hershel Robinson wrote:

> The problem generally is that he gets a text-based email, instead of HTML.
> And that sometimes his client gets 'stuck' on the newsletter. Recently one
> person in his office received a partial newsletter. The part that came in,
> however, was HTML, not text.

We use Merak Mail too, but I think the problem is on the client end.
Check and see if he is running Norton System Works or some other
Third-Party ACTIVE viri and spam scanning tool.

When they get a problem email, have them shut down the active scanning
so they can attempt the download again. It should go through.

For some reason there is interference with the active scanning and the
email downloads. We've seen it quite often.

--
Anthony Baratta

It may be that your whole purpose in life
is simply to serve as a warning to others.