SV: [thelist] Word for websites?

Andreas Wahlin Andreas.Wahlin at ufl.gu.se
Mon Jun 28 10:31:18 CDT 2004

<Are later versions of Word acceptible for websites (I use 2000). If
not, why do people use them for that? I assume lack of desire or
information about alternatives is part of it.>

Well, not to sound overly arrogant but; they don't know better.
OK, to temper that down, Frontpage/Word is easier to use, no doubt, and
you can have a quick drag/drop/oh look I created a website feeling. You
will not, however, get the depth that goes into true marksmanship (I
hope that means more than sharpshooting) of a site;  correct (x)html
with proper css. However, it works allright in many circumstances. It'll
be bloated like hell/Microsoft, but it'll work, and in a short time!
So I suppose it's a matter of weighing pros and cons, personally, I
think it's horrible, but who am I to come with my correctness and love
for standards, that I don't know half as good as I should myself, I'm
merely beginning to learn and those who don't feel like spending so much
time might want Frontpage/Word.

Well, that's a long paragraph to say; cus it's faster and easier (but
please try to switch for the love of the web and w3c)

Andreas