[thelist] how did you learn?

Paul Bennett bennettpr at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 29 00:40:08 CDT 2004

OK, I have a question for all those developers out there who
didn't spend 3 years at university / college to gain
professional web development skills.

How did you first begin your learning? Did you pick up a book?
Go to online forums? Ask a friend? Take a short course?

The reason I ask is that I am considering developing a training
product and want to see if it is at least viable before sinking
countless hours into it :)

I took the 'short course' option, although it was 9 months and a
bit more focussed on sys admin stuff than I needed. (I still
have dreaded memories about setting up and configuring NT
server)

Feel free to answer off-list if you like.

Many thanks,
Paul Bennett