[thelist] how did you learn?

Joel D Canfield joel at spinhead.com
Tue Jun 29 08:39:05 CDT 2004

> How did you first begin your learning? Did you pick up a
> book? Go to online forums? Ask a friend? Take a short course?

Back in late '94, I think it was, I discovered Laura LeMay's "Teach
Yourself HTML 3.2 in 45 Minutes" (or whatever the time frame was.) Read
it like a novel, then started going through it a chapter at a time,
doing it all. Built a couple sites on my local machine, discovered
WebMonkey (particularly Dave Thau's JavaScript tutorial!) and at my next
job, got volunteered to build the website.

>From there, it's been MonkeyJunkies, thelist, and books, books, books.
I've taught a couple basic HTML classes, but never taken any.

joel